Child Advocates of Fort Bend runs a very busy office with 35 staff members and another 20+ representatives of four of our partner agencies onsite (District Attorney’s Office, County Attorney’s Office, Law Enforcement and CPS). We are looking for administrative volunteers help at our reception desk (8am – 12:30pm OR 12:30pm – 5:00pm). Volunteers will work a half day shift, at least once a week.
- Greet and screen visitors when they arrive at the Child Advocates of Fort Bend building (Administration/CASA entrance).
- Answer and direct phone calls as needed.
- Prepare and send outgoing mailings and packages.
- Provide clerical support to the Administration, Accounting & Development team when needed.
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
- Pass a criminal and child abuse background check.
- Attend the 8 hour volunteer training course provided by Child Advocates of Fort Bend (recommended).
- Friendly, welcoming personality.
- Good human relations skills and the willingness to be objective.
- Skill in operating a personal computer, printer, fax machine, scanner and other office equipment as necessary.
- Knowledge of relevant software applications including MS Office.
- Willingness to work within guidelines, policies and standards of Child Advocates of Fort Bend.
- Commitment of time, interest, and energy to fulfill expectations of the agency.
- Willingness to receive guidance and direction.
- Ability to work as part of team.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Flexibility in structuring times and duties
- Willingness to complete other task when needed.
***For all questions and inquires, or if you would like to receive a monthly email with updates from our Volunteer Coordinator, please contact email@example.com.
CAFB adheres to a strict Zero Tolerance for Child Abuse Policy in our practices and operations.