Child Advocates of Fort Bend runs a very busy office with 49 staff members and another 34 representatives of four of our partner agencies onsite (District Attorney’s Office, County Attorney’s Office and CPS). We are looking for administrative volunteers help at our reception desk (9am – 12:30pm OR 1pm – 5pm). Volunteers will work a half day shift, at least once a week.
- Greet and screen visitors when they arrive at the Child Advocates of Fort Bend building (Administration/CASA entrance).
- Answer and direct phone calls as needed.
- Prepare and send outgoing mailings and packages.
- Provide clerical support to the Administration, Accounting & Development team when needed.
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
- Pass a criminal and child abuse background check.
- Sign confidentiality policy.
- Friendly, welcoming personality.
- Good human relations skills and the willingness to be objective.
- Skill in operating a personal computer, printer, fax machine, scanner and other office equipment as necessary.
- Willingness to work within guidelines, policies and standards of Child Advocates of Fort Bend.
- Commitment of time, interest, and energy to fulfill expectations of the agency.
- Ability to work as part of team.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to complete other task when needed.
***For all questions and inquires, or if you would like to receive a monthly email with updates from our Volunteer Coordinator, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAFB adheres to a strict Zero Tolerance for Child Abuse Policy in our practices and operations.