Children’s Advocacy Center
The Children’s Advocacy Center is a place where children who have experienced abuse can tell their stories without fear and a place where they can heal from their hurt. Whether the children are coming to the CAC to report abuse or coming for therapy, volunteers are essential in making the experience as nonthreatening, welcoming and child-friendly as possible. Volunteers in the CAC work at the front desk in two four-hour shifts each day Monday – Friday.
- Greet children and families when they arrive
- Familiarize them with the CAC and help them complete paperwork
- Supervise and play with the children in the waiting area/playroom
- Serve as a volunteer mentor for children
- Assist with other office tasks
- 21 years of age or older
- Complete application, background screening (CPS, DPS, fingerprinting)
- Complete Pre-Service Volunteer Training (16+ hours) provided by Child Advocates of Fort Bend
- Have a concern for children and the genuine desire to help children
- Ability to work at least one four-hour shift per week
CAFB adheres to a strict Zero Tolerance for Child Abuse Policy in our practices and operations.
***For all questions and inquires, or if you would like to receive a monthly email with updates from our Volunteer Coordinator, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.